National Register of Historic Places
The Wayne Morse Family Farm was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999, through combined efforts of the WMHPC, the City of Eugene Historic Preservation Office and graduate students in the University of Oregon Historic Preservation program. The property was nominated as an important example of the early work of local architect Wallace Hayden and the long time residence of U. S. Senator Wayne Morse.
Wallace S. Hayden was an architect in Eugene and a professor at the University of Oregon from which he graduated in 1928. He designed Wayne and Mildred Morse’s Crest Drive home in the Colonial Revival style, a style popular in Oregon in the 1930s. Hayden also designed the Farm’s outbuildings and eventually worked with the City of Eugene on design of the Park’s picnic shelter which was added in 1982.